WIDB is looking for a Sales Manager for the 2016-17 year. Position is paid through a per-semester stipend and commission.
This person shall have a sales staff, organize traffic through the Operations Manager and see that commercials are produced through the Production Manager. The Sales Manager may appoint an assistant as needed.
The following are specific duties of the Sales Manager:
- Development & Maintenance of a Media Kit and Ratesheet
- Make sure all sales staff are well trained and making calls.
- Monetary goal setting.
- Collection of sales revenue.
- Handling of remote sales.
- Interviewing and training prospective Account Executives.
- Reviewing all contracts to insure all information is correct.
Job Description –
The Graduate Assistant for WIDB Student Radio serves as the advisor to the student organization and reports to the Associate Director and the Assistant Director for Student Programs in the Student Center.
Their primary responsibilities include:
- Advise the WIDB Student Radio Station staff and DJs to ensure the organization mission and purpose is upheld
- Oversee the daily operations, budgeting/expenditures and serve as the onsite resource person to ensure students operate by necessary university policies and procedures
- Facilitate leadership training for the student staff and on-going DJ training as needed for new members
- Assist with planning and implementation of promotional events, remotes and outreach programs to increase organization membership
- Develop a working understanding of university budgeting, contracting and purchasing procedures
- Attend weekly University Programming Office Meetings, weekly WIDB staff meetings and monthly WIDB Board of Directors meetings
- Schedule and maintain regular schedule of office hours each week during regular business hours
- Assist with Student Programming Council committees and events
Other duties as assigned including but not limited to serving on committees within the Student Center and University Life as needed
Graduate Assistant for Programming must be:
- Be an unconditionally admitted Graduate Student at SIU Carbondale
- Demonstrate strong commitment and proficiency of student media organizations
- Prior experience with leadership development, program planning, student organizations (preferably Print, on-line, TV and Radio), marketing, event management and/or assessment
- Highly motivated, organized, patient and collaborative
- Demonstrate high motivation, good interpersonal skills, flexibility and ability to strive in fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and verbal skills; Proficiency with latest social media is a plus
Willingness to work nights and weekends as needed
Time Period of Position – Position is available beginning August 10, 2016 (Fall) – May 13, 2017 (Spring)
How to Apply –
To apply, please forward a complete application packet containing the following:
- letter of intent
- current resume
- three references (names, addresses, contact email and phone number)
Graduate Assistant Search Committee
Office of Student Engagement
3rd Floor – Mail Code 4428
Southern Illinois University Carbondale, 1255 Lincoln Drive, Carbondale, IL 62901-4428.
Electronic applications may be submitted to email@example.com.
Deadline to Apply – April 12, 2016 or until the position is filled.
WIDB is now hiring!
CHIEF ENGINEER: The Chief Engineer is responsible for the operation and maintenance of the broadcast and production facilities. He/she will assist in planning for station development and expansion along with the General Manager and other entities.
Specific duties of the Chief Engineer include:
- Assisting and advising all departments of the station on matters concerning equipment use and status and general working procedures.
- Maintenance of equipment both electrical and mechanical.
- Assisting and advising on the development of the station both physically and structurally.
- The Chief Engineer shall store and keep up to date all materials relating to station equipment. This includes, but is not limited to, equipment manuals, patchbay documentation, and wiring guides.
- Developing and producing regular maintenance checks and updates.
- Assisting station staff in development of remotes.
- Recruitment and training of staff.
- Working with the Fiscal Adviser and General Manager to purchase and install new equipment.
SOCIAL MEDIA MANAGER: The Social Media Manager is responsible for maintenance and development of the WIDB website and all social media platforms.
Specific duties of the Social Media Manager include:
- Execution and maintenance of online advertising accounts in conjunction with the Sales Manager
- Management of member contribution to the WIDB website such as news, reviews, profiles, podcasts, and other media in conjunction with other Staff Heads.
- Maintaining regular updates about WIDB’s activity on the website and daily updates on all other social media platforms.
- Maintaining the WIDB website’s information for membership in conjunction with Operations and Marketing.
- Development of new sources of online exposure for WIDB.
These positions come with a per-semester stipend.
If you or anyone you know is interested please email General Manager Kevin Hart at firstname.lastname@example.org, and/or Graduate Assistant Kayli Plotner at email@example.com.