WIDB is now hiring!
CHIEF ENGINEER: The Chief Engineer is responsible for the operation and maintenance of the broadcast and production facilities. He/she will assist in planning for station development and expansion along with the General Manager and other entities.
Specific duties of the Chief Engineer include:
- Assisting and advising all departments of the station on matters concerning equipment use and status and general working procedures.
- Maintenance of equipment both electrical and mechanical.
- Assisting and advising on the development of the station both physically and structurally.
- The Chief Engineer shall store and keep up to date all materials relating to station equipment. This includes, but is not limited to, equipment manuals, patchbay documentation, and wiring guides.
- Developing and producing regular maintenance checks and updates.
- Assisting station staff in development of remotes.
- Recruitment and training of staff.
- Working with the Fiscal Adviser and General Manager to purchase and install new equipment.
SOCIAL MEDIA MANAGER: The Social Media Manager is responsible for maintenance and development of the WIDB website and all social media platforms.
Specific duties of the Social Media Manager include:
- Execution and maintenance of online advertising accounts in conjunction with the Sales Manager
- Management of member contribution to the WIDB website such as news, reviews, profiles, podcasts, and other media in conjunction with other Staff Heads.
- Maintaining regular updates about WIDB’s activity on the website and daily updates on all other social media platforms.
- Maintaining the WIDB website’s information for membership in conjunction with Operations and Marketing.
- Development of new sources of online exposure for WIDB.
These positions come with a per-semester stipend.
If you or anyone you know is interested please email General Manager Kevin Hart at email@example.com, and/or Graduate Assistant Kayli Plotner at firstname.lastname@example.org.