Job Description –
The Graduate Assistant for WIDB Student Radio serves as the advisor to the student organization and reports to the Associate Director and the Assistant Director for Student Programs in the Student Center.
Their primary responsibilities include:
- Advise the WIDB Student Radio Station staff and DJs to ensure the organization mission and purpose is upheld
- Oversee the daily operations, budgeting/expenditures and serve as the onsite resource person to ensure students operate by necessary university policies and procedures
- Facilitate leadership training for the student staff and on-going DJ training as needed for new members
- Assist with planning and implementation of promotional events, remotes and outreach programs to increase organization membership
- Develop a working understanding of university budgeting, contracting and purchasing procedures
- Attend weekly University Programming Office Meetings, weekly WIDB staff meetings and monthly WIDB Board of Directors meetings
- Schedule and maintain regular schedule of office hours each week during regular business hours
- Assist with Student Programming Council committees and events
Other duties as assigned including but not limited to serving on committees within the Student Center and University Life as needed
Graduate Assistant for Programming must be:
- Be an unconditionally admitted Graduate Student at SIU Carbondale
- Demonstrate strong commitment and proficiency of student media organizations
- Prior experience with leadership development, program planning, student organizations (preferably Print, on-line, TV and Radio), marketing, event management and/or assessment
- Highly motivated, organized, patient and collaborative
- Demonstrate high motivation, good interpersonal skills, flexibility and ability to strive in fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and verbal skills; Proficiency with latest social media is a plus
Willingness to work nights and weekends as needed
Time Period of Position – Position is available beginning August 10, 2016 (Fall) – May 13, 2017 (Spring)
How to Apply –
To apply, please forward a complete application packet containing the following:
- letter of intent
- current resume
- three references (names, addresses, contact email and phone number)
Graduate Assistant Search Committee
Office of Student Engagement
3rd Floor – Mail Code 4428
Southern Illinois University Carbondale, 1255 Lincoln Drive, Carbondale, IL 62901-4428.
Electronic applications may be submitted to email@example.com.
Deadline to Apply – April 12, 2016 or until the position is filled.